New UNCRC Ambassadors are voted for each year from our Year Six pupils. They take on a very important role within the school and have a number of responsibilities.
These are the ambassadors’ jobs during the year:
- Make sure children in our school know that they have rights under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC)
- Tell everyone in the school that they have a children’s commissioner whose job is to listen and speak up for every child in Wales
- Tell Sally (the UNCRC Welsh Ambassador) about what is important for children in our school and community. They do this at the training days, and through our special missions.
Our Special Missions run each term and recent missions have included:
- Getting children in the school to answer Sally’s Beth Nesa’ | What Next consultation, which helped shape her work for the next three years – ‘A plan for all children and young people 2016 – 2019’
- Finding out how children travel to their school and how easy it is to bike, scoot or walk there.
- Trying out a new way to teach others about rights: posters, display boards, leading assemblies etc.